Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
Future Business Leaders of America is an education association with a quarter million students preparing for careers in business related fields. Our mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs. We have one or two days of competition for the regional level, depending on your performance there you may move on to state competitions. If you would like to learn more or want to join FBLA see or email Sara Havermann at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings and Joining
Meetings are every other Thursday during LH in room 700. To join, contact Mrs. Havermann by email or stop by room 700 anytime. Members must join by October 9th.
- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
- Create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise.
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects that contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community.
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
- Encourage and practice efficient money management.
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
- Facilitate the transition from school to work.
Students Compete at FBLA Nationals in Anaheim California, Summer 2013
Liberty High School had 30 entries for the FBLA District 4 competition at Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, Liberty on February 10th, 2012.
Congratulations to the following students who placed during the district competition!
|Jon Gilmor, Sully Korondi, and Shannon Hall 3rd in Global Business|
|Ashden Prine 2nd in Public Speaking||Patrick Cruz 4th in Accounting II||Derek Schnoebelen 4th in Cyber Security|
|Thomas Jones 4th in Website Design||Shannon Hall 5th in Networking Concepts||
|Maddie Mallett 6th in Client Service||Jon Gilmor 6th in Impromptu Speaking||Sully Korondi 6th in Networking Concepts|
Congratulations to the following students who placed 1st or 2nd in their event and will be moving on to state competition!
|Ashden Prine in||John Gilmor in|
|Intro to Business||Business Communication|
|Derek Schnoebelen in||Alex Zaborac and Thomas Jones in|
The FBLA State Leadership Conference will be held from April 22-24 in Columbia, MO. In addition to leadership workshops, the conference is where state qualifiers compete in performance events like public speaking. Since all for the state qualifiers for LHS competed in events that take place online, we will not be attending the entire conference. The 5 state qualifiers will be attending the conference on Monday, April 23 to take part in a leadership workshop with other FBLA members that are competing at the State level from Missouri. It is a great opportunity for them to network with students from around the state and meet new people.