Enlighten and increase the awareness of high school students to career opportunities in architecture, construction, engineering, and related areas of the design/construction industry through mentoring; and provide scholarship opportunities for students in an inclusive manner reflective of the diverse school population.
The ultimate goal of the ACE Mentor Program is to motivate more high school students to pursue careers in the design and construction industry. It achieves this goal in three ways
- Offering a stimulating educational program that introduces students to some of the basic skills and processes needed to design and build a structure.
- Informing students about different career paths in the design and construction industry thought presentations by mentors and others.
- By providing scholarships to students to encourage and facilitate their pursuit of post-secondary education related to the building industry.
- KC Area Architectural and Construction Firms, as well as the projects they are working on. (i.e. Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, Arrowhead Stadium, Kauffman Stadium, and Sporting Park).
- Competition project where the students work with the Professional ACE Mentors to solve real world problems.
Meeting Dates: Tuesdays
Meeting Time: Liberty Hour
Meeting Location: Room 410
Membership is open to all students
Membership is limited to 30 students