Liberty Public Schools continues efforts to ensure our students and staff are safe while at school. While LPS currently considers our buildings safe with state-of-the-art security systems in place, we are excited to announce that building security will be receiving upgrades at each building site.
Over the course of the next several weeks, your child’s school will be receiving a new visitor pass management system upgrade. This process is expected to begin the week of January 19, 2016, at the high schools, and then continue in the weeks following to other sites throughout the district. It is expected that all school facilities will be fully operational with the new system within the next month.
There are several important benefits this new system is expected to provide to our buildings. They include:
- An instantaneous sexual offender background check will be run for each and every visitor to our schools.
- Visitor badges will be issued for each visitor and will include their picture and where they are visiting.
- This system will be used to verify who has the authority to pick a child up from school.
- This system allows those on the LPS No Trespass List to be identified immediately.
- This system will track volunteers and their time spent in our schools.
- All visitors must present a government-issued ID as they enter a school facility. These types of IDs include: driver’s license, state-issued identification card, military ID, etc.
We appreciate your partnership as we continue safety and security upgrades. As always, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me directly, or call our LPS Safety and Security Department at 816.736.7319.